Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Starwars Magnetic Board/ Decorative scrabble board

I LOVE STAR WARS! Im so excited that Disney bought it and I look forward to new movies! Yay 2015

Inspiration for this project 
This lady's is so beautiful

So Here's Mine minus the scrabble tiles that I have been searching for at Goodwill's so if you know anyone getting rid of their Scrabble let me know thank you =)

What you need:

Trim whatever fits your taste and budget
Trim home Depot- $0.99 X 4
Magnetic sheet of metal Home depot- $8.00
Book pages- $ 0.50 Goodwill 
Modge Podge
Craft paints
Glue Gun/ glue
Wood saw

How dare I deface a Star wars Book!




1. Select pages from book and rip away

2. Position and Modge Podge
3.  Let Dry
4. If you desire repeat for other side...I did
Sorry no pics for the next steps =/
I stinketh
5. measure and cut trim I did for both side to frame both sides
Making a double magnetic board
6. Paint Trim =)
7. Hardcore Glue gun trim 
Tons of glue
Tons of pressure
I tried using super glue... That didnt work at all 
8. Attached Hard ware to trim
YAY! it looks awesome! I just cant wait for my scrabble tiles =D

Side story- I was having trouble finding a sheet of Magnetic metal (lol) and Asked quite a few Home depot guys. They were all so curious as to why a mom with two kids needed this item...Seemed legit to me so whatever. Anyways I had three of them following me all over. Finally the older gentlemen asked what I planned to do..  I explained I was making a magnetic  scrabble board I could also use has wall decor they all pretty much thought I was the most interesting woman in the world... Stay thirsty my friends =D


No comments:

Post a Comment