Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Barstool make over! Like totally!

My sweet mom in law gave me these really neat bar-stools (thank you mom!)


So of course I saw a new blank canvas and went to town 


Items needed
Bar-stool 
Spray paint 
I heart Rustoleum ultra cover wood, metal and plastic it seriously rocks! 

Tape 
Sissors
Newspaper
YOUR BEAUTIFUL MIND for creativity


1. Cover the seats with newspaper

2.Spray paint upside down barstool
dry a bit

3.then spray barstool right side up

4.remove newspaper and pray the parts the may have been covered up
I think plastic wrap would have been easier over the newspaper to protect the seat
5.apply coats as you see fit
I only did one because the Spray paint i purchased is so awesome!
leave as is! 

or 
6. tape a design on the seat or use a pretty stencil
I used tape! 

Now I wanted one design to be symetrical and clean cut- Here's a half checkered board
 
and the other to bit a bit sloppy-  here's my messy Chevron pattern


7.Spray Paint directly above and try not to angle it 
as to not get any on the legs if its a different color

8.DRY BABY DRY!



9.Remove tape! this is so thrilling....I know I need to get out more


Showing off my nail polish! ooooo sparkly





WOW! you have the coolest barstools on the block!




See I got a bit of blue on the seat but its still NEAT!

 
I suggest getting a mask the fumes from the paint are so icky I was holding my breath then running away to breath lol
great work out ,but im getting a mask! =) 






No comments:

Post a Comment